Nikos Notes

Musings of Nikos A. Leverenz -- A Libertarian Army of ONE -- on Life, Public Policy and other Ephemera. No frills, and probably no chills either. Perhaps some brainy thrills. Send feedback to nikosleverenz AT hotmail.com, especially hate mail.

Friday, August 08, 2003

Mr. Springer NOT Going to Washington

I must admit that I was somewhat crushed by the news that he wasn't even going to give it a shot, long as it was. Polling had him running with 70% negative ratings, which is a level that Hillary Clinton could only aspire to. Surely the pay of a United States Senator is only a miniscule fraction of what he makes from his TV program. And he would have undoubtedly have had to fork over much of his own wealth to even be viable against the incumbent, Sen. George Voinovich (a favorite target of my favorite PAC, The Club for Growth). I doubt that Sen. Springer would be very supply-side on fiscal issues anyway, so all the better.

Now if only he moved to a jurisdiction where his program becomes watchable again --- we need the fights!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home